As promised, here are the answers for our Payroll quiz... 1. What does PAYE stand for?Answer: pay as you earn2. How many weeks Statutory Maternity Leave are you entitled to?Answer: 5...
As promised, here are the answers for our Payroll quiz...
1. What does PAYE stand for?
Answer: pay as you earn
2. How many weeks Statutory Maternity Leave are you entitled to?
Answer: 52 weeks !
Bonus point : how many weeks do you receive Statutory Maternity Pay?
Answer: 39 weeks
3. What does the M stand for in a tax code?
Answer: Marriage Allowance
4. What do you call a statement of earnings at the end of tax year? P9X /P60 /P45 /P11D
5. Do you get less salary in a shorter month?
6. What have you joined if you have been auto enrolled?
a) A final salary pension
b) A state pension
c) Work pace pension
d) Private pension
Answer: Work pace pension
7.What is the national living wage for those age over 25?
£7.83 /£8.21 /£8.72 /£8.92.
8. True or False? All employers have to re-enrol employees into their workplace pension every 3 years
9. What is the difference between gross and net pay?
Answer: Gross pay is before any deductions such as tax / NI/ Pension contributions
10. What is the basic rate of income tax?
11. What year was National Payroll Week created? 1990/ 1989/ 1998/ 2001
12. What does HMRC stand for?
Answer: Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs
13. Who pays National Insurance - Employee / Employer / Both?
14. The first month in the UK tax year is January / June / April?
15. What is the current amount of Statutory Sick Pay per week? £94.25 /£95.85 /£96.45