Today we celebrated the end of National Payroll Week with cakes, cookies and a Payroll Quiz! 🧁🍪 Top marks to Jenna who scored the full 16/16! Here is the quiz - how many answers...
Today we celebrated the end of National Payroll Week with cakes, cookies and a Payroll Quiz! 🧁🍪 Top marks to Jenna who scored the full 16/16! Here is the quiz - how many answers do you know? answers revealed Friday!
National Payroll Week
1. What does PAYE stand for?
2. How many weeks Statutory Maternity Leave are you entitled to?
Bonus point : how many weeks do you receive Statutory Maternity Pay?
3. What does the M stand for in a tax code?
4. What do you call a statement of earnings at the end of tax year? P9X /P60 /P45 /P11D
5. Do you get less salary in a shorter month?
6. What have you joined if you have been auto enrolled?
a) A final salary pension
b) A state pension
c) Work pace pension
d) Private pension
7. What is the national living wage for those age over 25? £7.83 /£8.21 /£8.72 /£8.92.
8. True or False? All employers have to re-enrol employees into their workplace pension every 3 years
9. What is the difference between gross and net pay?
10. What is the basic rate of income tax?
11. What year was National Payroll Week created? 1990/ 1989/ 1998/ 2001
12. What does HMRC stand for?
13. Who pays National Insurance - Employee / Employer / Both?
14. The first month in the UK tax year is January / June / April?
15. What is the current amount of Statutory Sick Pay per week? £94.25 /£95.85 /£96.45